- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Hilmer E. Albrecht, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 28, 2008, at Landmark Hospital.
He was born Oct. 27, 1916, in St. Paul, Ill., son of Otto and Mary Schnake Albrecht. He and Grace Ehrat were married Jan. 18, 1939, in Shobonier, Ill.
Albrecht was a co-op manager with Randolph Farm Service Co. from 1942 to 1978. He served on the First National Bank Board from 1959 to 2006 and was president of Farm Credit Banks of St. Louis.
He was a member and past congregational leader at St. John Lutheran Church in Sparta, Ill. He was a Rotarian many years and named Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Ken Albrecht of Holland, Mich., Randy Albrecht of St. Louis; a daughter, Lynne Cairns of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at St. John Lutheran Church in Sparta.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Bruce Cameron officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.