- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Guelda G. Rives, 91, of Cairo died Monday, July 28, 2008, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Feb. 13, 1917, in Cairo, daughter of William Berbling and Dottie Belle Sellers Glaab. She married Charles Rives, who died in 1998.
Rives had been an administrative assistant with Illinois Lumber Co. and a trust officer at First Bank and Trust Co., both in Cairo. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and served on the Altar Guild, member of Ginkgo Garden Club and Daystar Care Center board of directors.
Survivors include a daughter, Pamela Guyot of Sullivan, Ill.; two grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.