- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)11
- Food plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Guelda G. Rives, 91, of Cairo died Monday, July 28, 2008, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Feb. 13, 1917, in Cairo, daughter of William Berbling and Dottie Belle Sellers Glaab. She married Charles Rives, who died in 1998.
Rives had been an administrative assistant with Illinois Lumber Co. and a trust officer at First Bank and Trust Co., both in Cairo. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and served on the Altar Guild, member of Ginkgo Garden Club and Daystar Care Center board of directors.
Survivors include a daughter, Pamela Guyot of Sullivan, Ill.; two grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.