- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Chaffee man arrested for marijuana, child endangerment
A Chaffee, Mo., man was arrested Thursday on drug charges following the execution of a search warrant at a Chaffee public housing unit.
Oriedo T. Lumas, 31, was charged Friday with possession of under 35 grams of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and endangering the welfare of a child, according to a press release from the Scott County Sheriff’s Department.
"The residents of these concentrated housing projects are often preyed upon by drug dealers and users who hide their illicit activity, through the use of fear and intimidation," sheriff Rick Walter said. "It is our goal in this program to eliminate that threat for these residents."
Lumas set his bond set at $2,500 and was released.