- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 7/28/08
DeWitt, Landre win Dalhousie tourney
Jeff DeWitt and George Landre combined to shoot a plus-4 in the two-day Member-Member tournament at Dalhousie Golf Club, which had a quota format.
Ron Seabaugh and Rob Mitchell were second at plus-3, while Brevin Giebler and Forrest Kidd were third at minus-11.
A highlight to the tournament was a hole in one by Seabaugh on Saturday.
Seabaugh's third career ace came on the 13th hole, which was playing 141 yards.
Witnesses were Mitchell, Giebler, Kidd and Jack Connell.
The shot won closest to the hole. Other closest-to-the-hole winners were DeWitt (No. 5) and Giebler (Nos. 8, 11).
Dodgers send DeWitt to Class AAA Las Vegas
The Los Angeles Dodgers' acquisition of Cleveland Indians third baseman Casey Blake on Saturday also meant the demotion of Sikeston High School product Blake DeWitt.
DeWitt, a rookie third baseman, was sent down Saturday to Class AAA Las Vegas to make room for Blake, who was acquired for two minor leaguers. DeWitt was batting .257 with five home runs and 35 RBIs, but he had batted .200 since June 1.
— From staff reports