- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
National gas price average falls to below $4 a gallon
CAMARILLO, Calif. -- A national survey shows gas prices have dropped a fraction below the $4-dollar mark.
The average price of regular gasoline at self-serve stations was $3.996 a gallon Friday. Mid-grade was $4.13 a gallon and premium went for $4.24. That's according to the Lundberg Survey of 7,000 gas stations nationwide, released Sunday.
Prices are at their lowest level since May 16 and are an average of 11.7 cents less per gallon than two weeks ago.
Still, the survey showed the average U.S. price for gas is $1.11 higher than it was a year ago.
Diesel was at $4.80.
The cheapest gas was in Wichita, Kan., where the price for regular was $3.61 a gallon.
Anchorage, Alaska, ranked the nation's highest: $4.43 a gallon for regular.