- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
National gas price average falls to below $4 a gallon
CAMARILLO, Calif. -- A national survey shows gas prices have dropped a fraction below the $4-dollar mark.
The average price of regular gasoline at self-serve stations was $3.996 a gallon Friday. Mid-grade was $4.13 a gallon and premium went for $4.24. That's according to the Lundberg Survey of 7,000 gas stations nationwide, released Sunday.
Prices are at their lowest level since May 16 and are an average of 11.7 cents less per gallon than two weeks ago.
Still, the survey showed the average U.S. price for gas is $1.11 higher than it was a year ago.
Diesel was at $4.80.
The cheapest gas was in Wichita, Kan., where the price for regular was $3.61 a gallon.
Anchorage, Alaska, ranked the nation's highest: $4.43 a gallon for regular.