- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mary Jo Bender
Mary Jo Bender, 88, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, July 26, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 15, 1920, in Bloomfield, Mo., daughter to Joseph and Mary Presley Yope. She and Arthur H. Bender were married April 4, 1942, at Trinity Lutheran Church.
She worked at the Marquette Cement Plant as a secretary and at the Marquette Hotel as a reservation clerk. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Bender graduated from Bloomfield High School and Chillicothe Business College.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Timmothy Bender of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Nancy Richards of Brandon, Fla.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Steven Bender; her parents; and a brother.
Visitation will be at 9 a.m. Tuesday until the time of the service at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. Loren Boetcher officiating. Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.