- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. — Lucille Thompson, 91, of Olive Branch died Saturday, July 26, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 21, 1917, in Tamms, Ill., daughter of John Elvis and Bessie M. Poole. She and Lester Thompson were married Jan. 10, 1936. He died Aug. 30, 2002.
She was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Urbandale, Ill.
Survivors include three daughters, Dixie Bevill, Brenda White and Sherry Hale, all of Olive Branch; two sons, Audry Thompson and Larry Thompson, both of Olive Branch; 13 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Vester Kessee and Audry Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes, Ill.