- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lester Jeffrey Jr.
Lester Laman Jeffrey Jr., 58, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, July 23, 2008, in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 8, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lester Laman and Ala Mae Leaman Jeffrey Sr.
Jeffrey served with the U.S. Army in Vietnam from October 1969 to October 1971 and again in the Army from December 1977 to March 1982.
He was a member of Bethel Assembly of God Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a daughter, Rachel Wynn of Fulton, Ky.; his father and mother of Brownwood, Texas; a brother, Larry Jeffrey of Texas; and two sisters, Diane Whistler and Brenda DeCarrie of Texas.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Bethel Assembly of God Church.
A graveside service will be at 9 a.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, with the Rev. Phillip Roop officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.