- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ST. LOUIS -- Ed L. Spane, 52, died Thursday, July 24, 2008, beloved husband of Jan Spane (nee Martin), dear father of Dustin Spane of Huntsville, Ala., dear stepfather and father-in-law of Chris (Gail) and Greg Glockengieser of St. Louis, dear son of Kenneth and Betty Lou Spane of Advance, Mo., dear son-in-law of Mary and the late Frank Marten of St. Louis, dear grandfather of Adam, Ethan and Collin, dear brother of Terri (Jim) Sungur of Savannah, Ga., our dear nephew, uncle, cousin and friend. He had many relatives from Cape Girardeau, Advance, Mo., Dexter, Mo., and surrounding areas.
Services will be at 10 a.m Monday, July 28, at Ortmann Funeral Home, 9222 Lackland Road, Overland, Mo. Burial will be in Wright City, Mo. Cemetery. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday, July 27.
Donations to the American Heart Association will be appreciated.