- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Religion briefs 7/26/08
Women's club to meet for 'prayer connection'
Christian's Women's Club will meet for a "prayer connection" from 8 to 10 a.m. Aug. 4 at the Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Red Star Baptist Church activities planned
Sunday school at Red Star Baptist Church begins at 9:30 a.m.; worship services are at 10:40 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Bible study is at 2 p.m. Monday, and prayer meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. For more information, call 335-3381.
Pastor returning to Lynwood Baptist Church
The Rev. Mark Anderson will return to Cape Girardeau on Sunday to once again become the senior pastor of Lynwood Baptist Church. Anderson served as senior pastor of Lynwood from 1994 to 2000, during which time the church relocated to 2935 Lynwood Hills Drive. Anderson and his family are coming from Jackson, Miss., where he has served as the senior pastor of Colonial Heights Baptist Church since leaving Cape Girardeau. Worship services are at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Life Groups are at 8 a.m., 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
Divine Drama to be presented at St. Andrew
Divine Drama starts at 7 p.m. Aug 13 and 9 a.m. Aug. 14 at St. Andrew Lutheran Church, Cape Rock Drive and Kingshighway, for anyone who has ever wondered what the one single message of the Bible is, wanted to know the story of the Bible, ever gotten lost in trying to read the Bible from start to finish or asked "What does the Old Testament have to do with the New Testament?" Child care will be provided at both sessions. For information, go to www.standrewcape.org or contact the Rev. Mark Martin, email@example.com.
Gospel concert to be held at Jackson church
The Chandlers of Greenfield, Tenn., will present a concert at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the Calvary United Pentecostal Church, 581 Broadridge Drive in Jackson. Visit the church Web site, www.calvaryupcjacksonmo.com, or The Chandlers' Web site, www.firsttimothyministries.com, for more information.
First Baptist continues 'Catch the Wave' series
Sunday Bible study is at 9:30 a.m. and worship service at 10:45 a.m. at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, where the sermon series for July is "Catch the Wave." The Rev. Mike Shupert's message this week is titled "Balance." Wednesday night Bible study (Luke chapter 17) with the Rev. Ron Winstead is at 6:15 p.m. A new discussion group, Socrates Cafe, takes place at Grace Cafe, 818 Broadway, at 7 p.m. Wednesday nights for young adults interested in stretching their faith.
Missionaries to speak at First Pentecostal Church
Judy Bentley, an author and a missionary who has been to Russia, will speak at 11 a.m. Sunday at First Pentecostal Church. Robert Bentley, Christian school director and also a missionary to Russia, will speak at 6 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Teen Challenge choir to appear at St. Andrew
New Creation Choir from Teen Challenge Mid-America will provide worship music and testimonies at 8, 9:15 and 10:35 a.m. services Sunday at St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
-- From staff reports