- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Fireman provides great send-off
To the editor:
I would like to thank the battalion chief at the Cape Girardeau Fire Department for his assistance July 19 while my daughter and I were in Cape Girardeau.
Sarah had recently graduated from Southeast Missouri State University, and we were in town to help her move when she had car trouble.
While there's never an opportune time to have car trouble, what a blessing that we became aware of the problem in front of the fire station rather than on the interstate, in the rain or in the dark later in the day. The fireman stopped to assist us and was able to temporarily repair her car well enough that she could drive back to St. Louis safely.
What a wonderful memory of her final day in Cape Girardeau. You should feel proud to have such a caring individual serving your community.
NANCY GEORGE, Springfield, Ill.