- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Looking for Marquette honorees
To the editor:
I wanted to pass on to your readers that we are trying to reach all past Marquette Hotel employees who are still living for special recognition at the ribbon cutting and open house for the Marquette set for 1 p.m. Sept. 8. We have received several letters of names with their occupations and the years they were there, but we know there are more out there to invite. There will be special seating and proper acknowledgment in the program for you if you would please let us know in advance.
If you would like to be sent an invitation, please address your request to Thomas Meyer Realty, Attention: Marquette Event, P.O. Box 661, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0661. Or drop it off at my office at 230 N. Sprigg St. in Cape Girardeau. Time is short, and we would like to see you there.
THOMAS M. MEYER, Cape Girardeau