- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Learning briefs 8/24
Area students selected to join national society
Local students Blake Russell of Cape Girardeau, Victoria Adams and Robert Cheney Jr. of Jackson and Vanessa Underwood of Burfordville have been selected for membership in the National Society of High School Scholars. Russell is a student at Central High School. Cheney, Underwood and Adams attend Jackson High School.
Browning receives doctorate from WUSTL
Alyssa Browning, a graduate of Central High School, recently received her doctorate in medicine from Washington University in St. Louis. Browning is also a graduate of Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn. She is the daughter of Scott and Margaret Browning of Cape Girardeau.
Welter named to honor roll, receives scholarship
Andrew D. Welter of Cape Girardeau was named to the honor roll for the 2004 spring semester at the University of Missouri-Rolla. He has been awarded a Shell Oil scholarship through the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department for the 2004-2005 academic year. Welter, a 2003 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School, is the son of Fred Welter of Kelso and Teri Buckenmyer of Cape Girardeau.
Domian named to dean's list at Miami University
Kathleen Domian of Cape Girardeau was among students named to the spring semester dean's list at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
Local student named national honor roll winner
Garrett Sprenger of Cape Girardeau has been named a United States National Honor Roll winner. Sprenger is a student at Central Junior High and is the son of Gary and Melinda Sprenger.
Farmers Union awards scholarship to Meier
Greg Meier of Jackson has received a $1,000 scholarship from the Missouri Farmers Union Family Opportunity Center. Meier is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he is majoring in animal sciences. He is the son of Paul and Eileen Meier.
-- From staff reports