- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joe H. McAllister, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 17, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 5, 1935, in Catron, Mo., son of Joseph H. and Lola Mae Ward McAllister.
He and Alberta M. Warner were married Feb. 2, 1972, in St. Louis. She died Dec. 27, 2003.
He was a truck driver all his life. He last drove for Witte Brother Exchange until he retired in 2002. He was a lifetime member of the VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau and of Eagles Aerie 3775.
He served six and a half years in the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Army combined. He then served 16 1/2 years in the National Guard as a sergeant.
He is survived by three sons, Greg McAllister of Thebes, Ill., Keith and Kenny Jones, both of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Shirley Orf of St. Louis, Sharon Taylor and Ruth Bowerman, both of California; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Ernest Brown officiating. Full military honors will be provided by VFW Post 3838 and the Delta Team.
Interment will be in Lorimier Cemetery.