- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Senior Babe Ruth team wins
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team bounced back from Friday's tough defeat to post a victory Saturday in the Senior Babe Ruth state tournament in Leadwood, Mo.
Jackson rolled past Northeast Missouri 13-3, one day after opening the eight-team, double-elimination event with a 4-3 loss to Boonville.
Jackson (21-11) banged out 15 hits, led by Chris Roth with four hits and three RBIs.
Spencer Sander and Bryant Steffens both had three hits and three RBIs, while Bret Steffens homered.
Garrett Fritsche pitched all seven innings, allowing seven hits.
Jackson plays New Madrid at 2 p.m. today.
Jackson freshman squad suffers tournament loss
The Jackson American Legion Post 158 freshman baseball team lost a game Saturday and needed a win later to remain alive in the Class A state tournament in Washington, Mo.
Jackson fell to Manchester 14-8 for its first tournament defeat after two victories. Manchester scored seven first-inning runs.
Mason Sander had two hits, including a triple and three RBIs for Jackson. Bobby Clark was the losing pitcher.
No results were available from Jackson's Saturday night elimination contest. A Jackson victory would have sent the squad into today's championship round against Manchester.
-- From staff reports