- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Crews complete repairs to Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge
The Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge's aesthetic lighting is expected to shine again tonight for the first time since the structure was damaged Monday morning, according to the Missouri Department of Transportation. A crane atop a towboat struck the underside of the bridge, causing the conduit that powered the aesthetic lighting to function improperly. MoDOT crews had been working on the project since Monday.
The Bill Emerson Bridge replaced the old Cape Girardeau bridge, which was open from 1928 to 2003.