- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gerlach - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Gerlach of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary June 15, 2008, with a family dinner and open house at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills.
Hosts were their children and spouses, Girada and Greg Vines and Darris and Tina Gerlach of Cape Girardeau, Joleda and David Moyers of Jackson, and Myra and Jason McCormick of Scott City.
Gerlach and Veroncett Mann were married June 14, 1958, at First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Bill Cravens. Their attendants were Ruby "Vonnie" Merritt, JoAn Hardwick Massa, Wendell Gerlach, and the late Paul Kirchhoff.
The Gerlachs have eight grandchildren, Justin Vines, Jaime Drum, Erica Hindman, Jessica and Joshua Moyers, Darris Gerlach Jr., Ashton Gerlach, and Dalton McCormick. They have two great-grandsons, Dylan Monahan and Grant Hindman.