- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
* Southeast Missouri State boys camps: The Southeast Missouri State men's basketball program will host camps conducted by Southeast coach Scott Edgar, his assistants, current and former Redhawks players and guest coaches. A team camp for high school varsity and junior varsity teams will be July 27 through 29. Cost: $195, with dorm and meals included. There is a team rate (12 players maximum) of $600, with teams providing their own room and board. A day camp for grades 1 through 8 will be Aug. 4 through 6. Cost: $75. Info: 651-2564 or 651-2113.
* Skills camp: Jackson will hold a skills camp for players ages 5 to 14. The camp will run from July 28 to July 31. It will run from 8:30 to 10 a.m. for ages 5 to 7, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for ages 8 to 10 and from 1 to 3 p.m. for ages 11 to 14. Cost: $50 if player is preregistered, and $55 at the door. Info: Darrin Scott, 979-1454.
* Flag football league: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a youth flag football league for boys ages 9 to 14. Registration will run from Monday to Aug. 21 at the A.C. Brase Arena between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Players ages 9 to 11 will compete in one division, while players ages 12 to 14 will compete in a different division. Cost: $50. Info: Chris Eastridge, 334-2523.
* Central junior high camp: The Central Junior High football camp, for students entering seventh and eighth grades, will be July 28 through 30. Sessions will be 9 to 11 a.m. each day at the Central Junior High practice field. Info: Terry Kitchen, 334-2923.
* Central camp: The Central football camp, for students entering grades 9 to 12, will be July 28 to Aug. 1 at the high school. Sessions will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 7 to 10 a.m. Friday.
* Jackson camp: The Jackson Junior High camp for students entering eighth and ninth grade will be held Monday through July 30. Sessions will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. each day. Equipment will be handed out Monday at 3:30 p.m. at the Jackson High School old gymnasium. The first day of camp will be held at the high school stadium.
* Adult flag football: Registration is open for the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's 11th annual adult flag football league. The league will be comprised of teams in three divisions, and games will be played at Arena Park fields 10 and 11. It will run seven or eight weeks, with teams playing a total of eight regular-season games. Teams will have seven roster spots. There will be a managers meeting Sept. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Osage Community Centre. Cost: $225 per team. Info or to register: Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
* Junior amateur tournament: Perryville Country Club will host the third annual Perry County Junior Amateur golf championship Aug. 7. The tournament is open to golfers ages 6 to 18. Cost: Free for Perry County residents, $8 for all others, which includes golf and lunch. Info or to register: Perryville Country Club, 547-8036.
* Junior championship tournament: The Cape Elks #639 and the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will host the sixth annual Cape Elks #639 Junior Championship golf tournament at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course. The tournament, scheduled for Aug. 9, will have five age divisions for boys and girls. It will be a tee timed event. Cost: $45, which includes dinner. Deadline: Aug. 6 by 5 p.m. Info: Jason Karnes, 334-2031.
* 2008 Corporate Games: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will host the 2008 Corporate Games from Sept. 14 to 26. The Games will consist of diverse team events to encourage participation from individuals of all interests and abilities. Cost: $350 for Division 1 (100 employees or more); $300 for Division 2 (26-99 employees); $250 for Division 3 (25 or fewer employees). Entry forms can be picked up at the A.C. Brase Arena, Osage Community Centre or Central Municipal Pool. Deadline: Aug. 22 at 5 p.m. Info: Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
* Entry-level soccer clinic: SEMSRA will host an entry-level soccer referee clinic at River Eagle Distributing in Cape Girardeau. The clinic will be held Friday from 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and July 27 from 1 to 5 p.m. Cost: $25 for the class, plus $40 to register for the United States Soccer Federation. Info: Gene Pulley, 334-5819 or 450-4524.
* Jackson Homecomer 5K: The 11th annual Jackson Homecomer 5K and 1-mile youth race will take place Tuesday at the American Legion baseball field in Jackson City Park. The youth race starts at 6:30 p.m. and the 5K begins at 7 p.m. Cost: $8 pre race, $10 race day. Info or to pre register: Jackson Parks and Recreation, 204-8848.
* Southeast Missouri State camps: The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer program will host camps for players ages 6 to 14. They will be conducted by Southeast coach Heather Nelson, assistant coach Paul Nelson as well as current and former Redhawks players. There will be a camp from July 29 to Aug. 1 at Shawnee Park field 12 that runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. There will be a camp from Aug. 4 to 6 at Shawnee Park field 12 that runs from 9 to 11:30 a.m. There will be a camp from Aug. 6 to 8 at Shawnee Park field 12 that runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Cost: $50 per camp. Info: Paul Nelson, 986-6014.
* CAYSA registration: The Cape Area Youth Soccer Association will hold its fall soccer sign-ups at Kicks Soccer Shop in West Park Mall today from noon to 4 p.m. For people unable to sign up on that date, they can obtain registration forms at Kicks Soccer Shop any time through Friday. CAYSA offers programs from preschool to eighth grade for boys and girls. Cost: $20 for preschool, $30 for all other ages. A $5 discount is offered for families that register more than one child. Info: Debbie Lusk, 334-7108.
* JAOSA registration: The JAOSA will hold youth soccer registration for the fall at Nearly Perfect Shoes in Jackson. The registration dates are: Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. Players must be 4 years old on or before Aug. 1 to play in the pre-kindergarten division. Other divisions are: kindergarten; first and second grade; third and fourth grade; fifth and sixth grade; seventh and eighth grade.
* Cary Flanagan tournament: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Development Foundation will host the fourth annual Cary Flanagan Memorial softball tournament Aug. 23 at the Shawnee Park Sports Complex. There will be a men's upper and lower division and a coed upper and lower division. Entry fee: $140 per team. Deadline for fees and rosters: Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. Info or to register: Kaed, 335-5421 or Chris, 334-2523.
* Juniors tournament: The Cape Area Tennis Association will sponsor its Jammin' Juniors summer tournament Aug. 2 and 3 at the Central high school courts. There will be 12, 14, 16, 18 and under singles for boys and girls, doubles and mixed doubles. Deadline: July 28. Cost: $20 for first event, $12 for second. Info or to register: Donna Ryan, 332-1614.
* Trail of Tears Triathlon: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor the 19th annual Trail of Tears Triathlon on Sept. 13 at Trail of Tears State Park. The race will consist of a half-mile swim, 15-mile bike ride and 4-mile run. Cost: $35 for individuals, $40 for team if registered by Sept. 1; $45 for individuals, $50 for team after Sept. 1. Day of registration will be an additional $5. All non-UTSA members will be required to purchase a one-day membership for $10. Info or to register: Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
* Jackson camp: Jackson High School volleyball coach Maile Gannon will conduct a high school preseason preparation camp for grades 9 to 12 that will run from July 28 to 31 at the Junior High. It will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Cost: $25. Deadline: today. Info: Maile Gannon, 243-9516, email@example.com
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail before noon each Wednesday to be included in the calendar.