- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Family friendly Jackson home has open layout and country views
This three-bedroom, three-bathroom home on a 100-by-187-foot lot in the Cedar Meadows subdivision is close to Fruitland and in the Jackson R-2 School District.
A two-car attached garage has carriage lanterns that add to the home's curbside appeal. A basement garage is convenient for storage of recreational or lawn equipment.
The front door has an oval-shaped glass inset, and the doorway has ceramic tile in a diamond pattern.
The foyer has access to the garage and lower level.
The living room, with windows that face the back and offer lovely views of the countryside, is 16 by 18 feet with neutral-colored carpeting. A partial wall separates it from the kitchen.
The dining area, also adjacent to the living room, has sliding glass doors that offer views of the picturesque backyard. Two paned windows flank the patio doors, which lead to a spacious deck with stairs to a covered concrete patio below.
The kitchen has stainless appliances, oak cabinets and a flat cooktop with a microwave above it. There is a window above the sink. The counter area is complete with a lazy Susan.
The split-bedroom plan that separates the master bedroom from the two main-level bedrooms creates privacy. The master suite includes a sitting room, cathedral ceiling, private bathroom, his-and-hers closets and an arched picture window.
The two remaining bedrooms, both 11 by 11 feet, have characteristics that stand out. A deep closet with shelving is in one room, while the other has a lovely backyard view.
The utility room is on the main level.
A spacious lower-level family room measures 18 by 44 feet. Three windows and a door at the rear let in plenty of natural light.
A covered cement patio is convenient for outdoor activities even in rainy weather.
335-6611, extension 133
About this home
* Address: 205 Cedar Meadows, Jackson
* Price: $159,900
* Open house: 1 to 3 p.m. today
* Real estate agent: Regal Real Estate