- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Levin G. Letner, 51, of Cape Girardeau passed away Friday, July 18, 2008, at his home after a brief illness.
He was born Dec. 5, 1956, in Caruthersville, Mo., the son of Coy Durras and Eloise Rowland Letner. He and Lisa Gates were married Oct. 5, 1996, in Caruthersville.
Letner was a 1975 graduate of Caruthersville High School and attended Ole Miss and Southeast Missouri State University.
He farmed in the Caruthersville area. He was a member of the Eagles in Hayti, Mo.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Courtney of Boca Raton, Fla.; and a sister, Lisa, of Caruthersville.
He was preceded in death by his father, Coy Durras Letner; mother, Eloise Rowland Letner LaFonte; daughter, Loren Letner of Jonesboro, Ark.; brother, Lan Letner of Caruthersville; sister, Linda Rice of Nesbit, Miss.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at Christ Episcopal Church at 1 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2008, with the Rev. Robert Towner officiating.
Graveside service will be at 4 p.m. Monday at Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, with Dr. Paul Currie officiating.
Memorials may be made to Old Town Cape Scholarship Garden Fund or American Cancer Society.