- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Betty J. Holland, 71, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 17, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Dec. 20, 1936, in Crump, daughter of James Otis and Roxie Beatrice McClain Moore. She and Harold Holland were married in 1957 in Mississippi.
Holland was a member of Southside Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Mark Holland of San Antonio, Dwayne Holland of Immokalee, Fla., Roy Luttrell of Ridgeland, S.C.; four daughters, Sharon Jacobs of Brookport, Ill., Kim Holland of Immokalee, Vicky Alaniz of Metropolis, Ill., Renee Dennison of LaBelle, Fla.; three sisters, LaVerne Warner of Cape Girardeau, Ann Burton of Metropolis, Darlene Vineyard of Aquilla, Mo.; her fiance, Sam Barnhart of Cape Girardeau; 14 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lewis Todd officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery in Advance, Mo.