- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
No charges against St. Louis homeowner who killed attacker
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- No charges will be filed against a St. Louis homeowner who shot and killed a man who attacked him with a steel pipe.
Police have determined that the unidentified homeowner was justified in killing 43-year-old Dwayne Neal on July 3rd.
Authorities say the homeowner was awakened about 4:45 a.m. He went outside and was attacked by a man with a steel pipe.
The homeowner went back inside, grabbed a gun, and shot Neal.
Police presented evidence to the Circuit Attorney's office, where the decision was made not to file charges.
Information from: KSDK-TV, http://www.ksdk.com