- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Florissant police identify mall shooting victims
FLORISSANT, Mo. (AP) -- Police identify the man and woman who died in what is believed to be a murder-suicide inside a suburban St. Louis mall.
Killed in the incident on Wednesday were 47-year-old Barbara Carson and 49-year-old S.A. Carson Sr. St. Louis County police spokeswoman Tracy Panus says the couple was divorced but both listed the same address in Hazelwood. Police don't know if both actually lived at the address.
The shooting happened at Jamestown Mall in north St. Louis County. Police believe S.A. Carson took the air out of his ex-wife's tires so she could not get away, then came into the mall and shot her with a handgun in front of a Sears store before turning the gun on himself.
No one else was hurt. The mall was reopened on Thursday.