- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)10
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Hobert Carl Leadbetter, 73, of Silex, Mo., died Friday, Aug. 20, 2004, at his home.
He was born July 26, 1931, at Scopus, Mo., son of Elsworth and Sadie Barks Leadbetter. He and Lois Simmers were married May 17, 1955, at Sardis, Miss.
Leabetter was a retired machinist at McDonell Douglas at St. Louis, Mo., and was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Carl Leadbetter of Windfield, Mo.; four daughters, Theresa Leadbetter of Elsberry, Mo., Lisa Rock of Bellflower, Mo., Carla Myers of Silex and Felesia Reece of Orlando, Fla.; two brothers, Donald Leadbetter of Florissant, Mo., Jerry Leadbetter of Berkley, Mo.; two sisters, Cledith McCulley of Momence, Ill., Jana Jones of Advance, Mo.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel at Advance.
Funeral will be at noon Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Skinner officiating. Burial will be in the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.