- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community briefs 7/17/08
Learn to dance today at Cape American Legion
Beginner dance lessons will be offered from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. today at American Legion Post 63, 2731 Thomas Drive in Cape Girardeau. The regular dance follows and continues until 10 p.m. For more information, visit www.hicotndanceclub.com.
Free stroke risk assessments offered
The Cape Area Family Resource Center will have the SHOW Mobile on site from 9 to 11 a.m. today to provide stroke risk assessments at no cost. Participants may also have cholesterol checked if they have fasted 10 hours before the testing. For more information, contact Denise Lincoln at 334-8170.
Insect mania Friday at the Nature Center
The Nature Center will hold its fourth annual insect mania from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday. The event will focus on insects of different habitats and the importance of insects to the world. The evening will begin with a 30-minute skit based on the old "Dating Game." Crafts and games will be available. The event is open to the public. Call 290-5218 for more information.
— From staff reports