- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Attracting minorities to SEMO
To the editor:
In response to the story "Southeast working to attract minority faculty, students": Why has Lincoln Scott put the blame on Cairo for failure to get African Americans to enroll at Southeast Missouri State University? Does he think they are so dumb they don't know the difference between Illinois and Missouri? He should wine and dine more of them. They would come. Don't blame his failure on someone else.
EDNA ROSE, Cairo, Ill.