- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Attracting minorities to SEMO
To the editor:
In response to the story "Southeast working to attract minority faculty, students": Why has Lincoln Scott put the blame on Cairo for failure to get African Americans to enroll at Southeast Missouri State University? Does he think they are so dumb they don't know the difference between Illinois and Missouri? He should wine and dine more of them. They would come. Don't blame his failure on someone else.
EDNA ROSE, Cairo, Ill.