- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Attracting minorities to SEMO
To the editor:
In response to the story "Southeast working to attract minority faculty, students": Why has Lincoln Scott put the blame on Cairo for failure to get African Americans to enroll at Southeast Missouri State University? Does he think they are so dumb they don't know the difference between Illinois and Missouri? He should wine and dine more of them. They would come. Don't blame his failure on someone else.
EDNA ROSE, Cairo, Ill.