- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
3 remain critical after massive wreck near St. Louis
TOWN AND COUNTRY, Mo. (AP) -- Three people remain in critical condition, a day after a massive accident on Interstate 64 in suburban St. Louis.
Two people died and 16 were injured in the pileup on Tuesday in Town and Country. Killed were Charles Cason of Caseyville, Ill., and Lydia Miller of Canton, Mo. Both were 55.
Reports say several of the victims were members of a northeast Missouri Amish community who were traveling to a family funeral in Tennessee.
The accident happened when a tractor-trailer rammed into 10 vehicles. The Missouri State Highway Patrol identifies the tractor-trailer driver as 49-year-old Jeffrey Knight of Muscle Shoals, Ala. He was not hurt.
Authorities have not yet said why the tractor-trailer was unable to stop. No charges have been filed.