- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Melissa Anne Williams and Joel Shane Thomas announce their engagement. She is the daughter of Betty Williams of Marble Hill, Mo., and Bob Williams of Fredericktown, Mo. Thomas is the son of Carolyn Thomas of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., and Joe Nehrt of Chester, Ill.
Williams is a 1998 graduate of Meadow Heights High School at Patton, Mo. She is majoring in early childhood education at Southeast Missouri State University.
Thomas is a 1999 graduate of Shawnee High School at Wolf Lake, Ill. He is a senior customer service supervisor at J.C. Penney.
An Oct. 2 wedding is planned at Francine's Gardens.