- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Esther Lydia Schuette, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 21, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born April 11, 1909, in Millersville, daughter of August J. and Mary Caroline Riehn Martin. She and Clarence Schuette were married June 26, 1930, in Oak Ridge. He died Jan. 26, 1964.
Schuette was a member of Maple United Methodist Church. She was employed by J.C. Penney and retired in 1974.
Survivors include a sister, Opal Wills of Millersville.
She was preceded in death by a sister, two half sisters and a half brother.
Friends may call at noon Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Tim Cooper and Calvin Brown officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.