- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Esther Lydia Schuette, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 21, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born April 11, 1909, in Millersville, daughter of August J. and Mary Caroline Riehn Martin. She and Clarence Schuette were married June 26, 1930, in Oak Ridge. He died Jan. 26, 1964.
Schuette was a member of Maple United Methodist Church. She was employed by J.C. Penney and retired in 1974.
Survivors include a sister, Opal Wills of Millersville.
She was preceded in death by a sister, two half sisters and a half brother.
Friends may call at noon Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Tim Cooper and Calvin Brown officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.