- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
When will Neal Boyd reappear?
We watched and waited last week, but people around Southeast Missouri were disappointed.
Here at "America's Voice" (our Neal E. Boyd Web page) we had heard that our man Boyd was to appear on the July 8 episode of NBC's "America's Got Talent," where he made a splash with his first performance back in June.
It wasn't to be.
We watched for an hour, and never did the big tenor from Sikeston, Mo., appear on our screen. Of course, Boyd's going to be in Las Vegas the next time we see him, and last week's show was still surveying the landscape of the numerous tryouts throughout America.
Nor did we see Matthew Piazzi, son of Southeast Missouri State University voice instructor Judith Farris. But we know his appearance is upcoming, too.
So, we're sorry if we led you on, thinking the one guy on the whole show you're actually interested in would be on July 8. I had one angry phone message about the mistake.
Maybe this week we'll actually get to see some of the Las Vegas callbacks. Maybe not.
If anyone out there knows for sure, please give the rest of us a clue.
An interesting act from July 8: Victoria Jacoby