- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Board to fill vacancies on East County Fire Protection district
The Cape Girardeau County Circuit Court scheduled a hearing to decide on a way to fill the two vacant positions on the East County Fire Protection District Board of Directors.
Any individuals interested in the open positions can submit a letter of application to Circuit Judge William L. Syler explaining why they wish to serve on the board, according to J.P. Clubb, attorney for the fire district.
The hearing is set for 9 a.m. Aug. 7 at the Cape Girardeau County Common Pleas Courthouse.
The newly appointed members will serve out the remainder of the terms left vacant.
Pamela Allen is the only member of the fire district board. A meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Egypt Mills Fire Station to accept questions on the vacancies.