- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sedalia girl, 10, killed in ATV crash
SEDALIA, Mo. (AP) -- A 10-year-old girl is dead after her all-terrain vehicle was struck by a pickup truck near Sedalia.
The Missouri State highway Patrol said Jordan Keith of Sedalia died Sunday night after being airlifted to University of Missouri Hospital in Columbia.
Troopers said the girl was driving the ATV off the road, then drove in front of a pickup truck just west of U.S. 65. The impact threw of girl off the ATV.
The 61-year-old driver of the truck sustained minor injuries but declined treatment.
Information from: The Sedalia Democrat, http://www.sedaliademocrat.com