- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
UMKC interim chancellor is named
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- The University of Missouri has named Leo Morton interim chancellor of the university's Kansas City campus while a search team finds a permanent replacement for Guy Bailey.
MU system president Gary Forsee on Monday announced the appointment of Morton, who begins his duties Aug. 1. Morton chairs the UMKC Board of Trustees and until recently, served as senior vice president and chief administrator for Kansas City-based utility Aquila Inc.
A university news release said Morton has been instrumental in strengthening relationships between the board of trustees and the UMKC faculty.
Bailey on July 2 was named president of Texas Tech University after three years in Kansas City.
Morton is not a candidate for the permanent position.