- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
UMKC interim chancellor is named
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- The University of Missouri has named Leo Morton interim chancellor of the university's Kansas City campus while a search team finds a permanent replacement for Guy Bailey.
MU system president Gary Forsee on Monday announced the appointment of Morton, who begins his duties Aug. 1. Morton chairs the UMKC Board of Trustees and until recently, served as senior vice president and chief administrator for Kansas City-based utility Aquila Inc.
A university news release said Morton has been instrumental in strengthening relationships between the board of trustees and the UMKC faculty.
Bailey on July 2 was named president of Texas Tech University after three years in Kansas City.
Morton is not a candidate for the permanent position.