- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
William Strong, 50, of Kellyville, Okla., died Friday, July 11, 2008, at his home.
He was born Feb. 11, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, son of Jack and Lillian Strong. He and Mary Thompson-Strong were married for 45 years.
Survivors include his wife; two brothers, Jack Strong of Arkansas and Jim Strong of Missouri; a daughter, Dawn Marie Gordon of Fred, Texas; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Strong was a truck driver for many years and retired from Vogt-Nem in Sapulpa, Okla., in 2000.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Green Hill Funeral Home Chapel in Sapulpa, with the Revs. Ken and Nancy Strong of Scott City officiating.
Burial will be at Kellyville City Cemetery.