- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
Old Town Cape
Old Town Cape recently celebrated its ninth anniversary.
The organization has a guiding hand in many different projects, including Libertyfest, Tunes at Twilight and the Christmas Parade of Lights. Old Town Cape is also involved in nuts-and-bolts planning for the downtown district, which includes 130 blocks of the oldest part of Cape Girardeau.
Included is Old Town Cape's strategic plans and dealings with the state's DREAM Initiative, short for Downtown Revitalization and Economic Assistance for Missouri. These plans include focus groups, a community survey, a land use and infrastructure study, a visitor survey and tourism and marketing assessments.
The parties and parades all help downtown, but it's the planning and community cooperation that can make a significant, long-term difference.
Happy birthday, Old Town Cape. Here's to many more.