- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Green Party names candidate
CHICAGO -- Green Party delegates have selected former Democratic Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney of Georgia as the party's presidential nominee.
Ruth Weill, the party's national convention coordinator, said the delegates selected McKinney as they wrapped up their national convention here on Saturday.
McKinney tapped Rosa Clemente, a hip-hop artist, journalist and activist, as her running mate.
A Green Party official, meanwhile, said he misspoke when he told the Chicago Tribune for a story Friday that the Greens had borrowed money from party members to help pay for the Chicago convention. Scott McLarty, the Green Party's spokesman, said the loan had been authorized by top party officials, but no borrowing had taken place.