- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Green Party names candidate
CHICAGO -- Green Party delegates have selected former Democratic Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney of Georgia as the party's presidential nominee.
Ruth Weill, the party's national convention coordinator, said the delegates selected McKinney as they wrapped up their national convention here on Saturday.
McKinney tapped Rosa Clemente, a hip-hop artist, journalist and activist, as her running mate.
A Green Party official, meanwhile, said he misspoke when he told the Chicago Tribune for a story Friday that the Greens had borrowed money from party members to help pay for the Chicago convention. Scott McLarty, the Green Party's spokesman, said the loan had been authorized by top party officials, but no borrowing had taken place.