- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CASA volunteers sworn in
Four new Court Appointed Special Advocates have joined CASA of Southeast Missouri after completing 30 hours of special training and a swearing-in ceremony where volunteers take an oath to do their best to protect the rights of the abused and neglected children they will defend in Cape Girardeau, Bollinger and Perry Counties.
The volunteers will serve as advocates under the jurisdiction of the 32nd Judicial Circuit Juvenile Court. CASAs strive to ensure children's immediate and long-term needs while in foster care and work to secure a healthy, permanent placement for children through investigation, mediation, reporting and monitoring.
There are more than 50,000 CASA volunteers and 500,000 children in foster care nationwide. For more information on becoming an advocate, call 335-1726 or visit www.capecasa.com.