- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PUXICO, Mo. -- Iva L. Andersen, 78, of Puxico died Friday, Aug. 20, 2004, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Jan. 3, 1926, in Scott County, Mo., daughter of Leslie and Edith Mann Medlin. She and Orville E. Andersen were married July 4, 1943, in North Platte, Neb. He died Sept. 21, 1991.
Iva had worked for VNA as a housekeeper. She attended Kinder General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Thomas L. Andersen of Salem, Ore., Jerry E. Andersen and wife Dawn of Washington, Utah; a sister, Lois Prosser of Delta; a niece, Mickey Prosser Burlison and husband Bill of Odenton, Md.; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo., from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Blanford officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery near Bell City, Mo.