- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Helen Brown, 88, of Mounds died Thursday, Aug. 19, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 4, 1915, in McClure, Ill., daughter of Charles and Maude Jackson Prather. She and Verlie Brown were married Sept. 5, 1931. He died Feb. 8, 1999.
Brown had worked at Lowenbaum and was a supervisor at MAP Training Center in Karnak, Ill. She was a member of Unity Baptist Church, and also attended Beech Grove Baptist Church and First Baptist Church. She was a member of UNRF.
Survivors include a daughter-in-law, Patsy Brown of Cahokia, Ill.; two grandsons, Michael Brown of Mounds, Steve (Jeanie) Brown of Dupo, Ill.; a granddaughter, Stephanie (Kevin) Rowe of St. Charles, Mo.; seven great-grandchildren, Shawn Brown, Brad (Nicky) Brown, Stacy (Heath) Williams, Matt (Jenny) Brown, Ben Brown, Michael Ryan, and K.C. Rowe; two great-great-grandchildren, Emily Williams and Summer Brown; a sister, Pansy Fitzgerald of Olive Branch, Ill.; nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by a son, Delmer Brown; five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Kirby officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.
Memorials may be made to Unity Baptist Church.