- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Brown resigns from Cape school board
With the official resignation of member Robert Brown Monday, the Cape Girardeau School Board will begin searching for a replacement for the 7-member board.
Brown will resign to relocate to St. Louis. Cape Girardeau superintendent Mark Bowles said the district plans to accept his resignation at their regular meeting Monday, then will advertise for a new member to fill Brown's shoes.
The process includes accepting inquiry letters and then narrowing candidates down to a group of finalists. The finalists will likely be interviewed in open session at the board's September meeting before a replacement is officially chosen.
The replacement will serve on the board until next April's election, when voters will have an opportunity to elect someone to serve for the one year remaining on Brown's term.