- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Blondel Marlene Bowers, 71, of Mexia, Texas, died Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2004, at her home.
She was born June 6, 1933, in Advance. She and Jesse L. Bowers were married Jan. 8, 1951.
Bowers retired from Mexia State School.
Survivors include a daughter, Melissa Haney of Groesbeck, Texas; a son, Terry Bowers of Tehuacana, Texas; two brothers, Charles May of Advance, Lloyd Carlton of Florida; a sister, Charlotte Lanpher of Advance; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and five sisters.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Fairview Cemetery in Advance.
Porter Funeral Home in Mexia is in charge of arrangements.