- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Claude L. Herron, 80, of West Plains, Mo., died Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2004, at Ozark Medical Center in West Plains.
He was born Aug. 16, 1924, at Elvins, Mo., son of Charles J. and Leona S. Shrum Herron. He and Etta Mae Hendrix were married Nov. 23, 1946. She died Nov. 29, 1994.
Herron retired from Coca-Cola Bottling Co. in West Plains. He was a member of Elk Creek Cumberland Presbyterian Church in West Plains.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include a daughter, Gloria Grantham of Perryville; a son, Greg Herron of West Plains; two sisters, Gladys Zahner and Mabel Johnson; four grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by four brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home Saturday from noon to time of service.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Don Estes and Alan Martin officiating. Burial will be in Whitewater Cemetery at Yount, Mo.