- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Laura Elizabeth Schaefer, 83, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born May 14, 1921, in New Madrid, Mo., daughter of James Dawson and Lula Ann Sanders Henry. She and Joseph R. Schaefer were married Aug. 17, 1946, in St. Louis. He died Jan. 1, 2003.
Schaefer had worked in the printing and circulation departments at the Standard Democrat. She was a member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, and former member of Daughters of Isabella, Altar Society and Legion of Mary.
Survivors include two daughters, Brenda Hale of Sikeston, Jackie Davis of Benton, Mo.; a son, Terry Schaefer of Sikeston; a sister, Katie Roper of Tampa, Fla.; a brother, J.B. Henry of Largo, Fla.; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Francis Church, with Monsignor Stephen Schneider officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.