- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Laverne Morrison, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2004, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
She was born March 24, 1931, in Johnsonville, Tenn., daughter of Hudey and Alva Rhodes Ledbetter.
Morrison was formerly of East Prairie, Mo., where she was a member of First General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Angela Southwick of Falls Church, Va., Felecia Morrison of Arlington, Ky.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Dogwood Cemetery, with Dale Billingsley officiating.
Shelby Funeral Home at East Prairie is in charge of arrangements.