- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Time for Homecomers
Another Homecomers is underway in the heart of Jackson. The annual event has been a part of Cape Girardeau County's county seat since 1908, and there is every indication that this year's version is as much fun and as exciting as ever.
Homecomers features entertainment, talent, food and fun, including a Ferris wheel this year among the many carnival rides.
Tonight's talent show finals starting at 6:30 p.m. are always popular. Saturday's schedule includes a bicycle ride, Tour de Homecomers, at 7:30 a.m. Evening events will include the queen contest at 8 p.m.
For the most part, though, Homecomers is a time to visit with friends and family and enjoy the atmosphere of an old-fashioned country fair.
Congratulations again to everyone who has worked so hard to make this year's event as wonderful as the memories of so many Homecomers in the past.
Head for Jackson. There's plenty to see and do. Take the whole family, because there's certain to be something for everyone.