- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
Time for Homecomers
Another Homecomers is underway in the heart of Jackson. The annual event has been a part of Cape Girardeau County's county seat since 1908, and there is every indication that this year's version is as much fun and as exciting as ever.
Homecomers features entertainment, talent, food and fun, including a Ferris wheel this year among the many carnival rides.
Tonight's talent show finals starting at 6:30 p.m. are always popular. Saturday's schedule includes a bicycle ride, Tour de Homecomers, at 7:30 a.m. Evening events will include the queen contest at 8 p.m.
For the most part, though, Homecomers is a time to visit with friends and family and enjoy the atmosphere of an old-fashioned country fair.
Congratulations again to everyone who has worked so hard to make this year's event as wonderful as the memories of so many Homecomers in the past.
Head for Jackson. There's plenty to see and do. Take the whole family, because there's certain to be something for everyone.