- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Time for Homecomers
Another Homecomers is underway in the heart of Jackson. The annual event has been a part of Cape Girardeau County's county seat since 1908, and there is every indication that this year's version is as much fun and as exciting as ever.
Homecomers features entertainment, talent, food and fun, including a Ferris wheel this year among the many carnival rides.
Tonight's talent show finals starting at 6:30 p.m. are always popular. Saturday's schedule includes a bicycle ride, Tour de Homecomers, at 7:30 a.m. Evening events will include the queen contest at 8 p.m.
For the most part, though, Homecomers is a time to visit with friends and family and enjoy the atmosphere of an old-fashioned country fair.
Congratulations again to everyone who has worked so hard to make this year's event as wonderful as the memories of so many Homecomers in the past.
Head for Jackson. There's plenty to see and do. Take the whole family, because there's certain to be something for everyone.