- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Time for Homecomers
Another Homecomers is underway in the heart of Jackson. The annual event has been a part of Cape Girardeau County's county seat since 1908, and there is every indication that this year's version is as much fun and as exciting as ever.
Homecomers features entertainment, talent, food and fun, including a Ferris wheel this year among the many carnival rides.
Tonight's talent show finals starting at 6:30 p.m. are always popular. Saturday's schedule includes a bicycle ride, Tour de Homecomers, at 7:30 a.m. Evening events will include the queen contest at 8 p.m.
For the most part, though, Homecomers is a time to visit with friends and family and enjoy the atmosphere of an old-fashioned country fair.
Congratulations again to everyone who has worked so hard to make this year's event as wonderful as the memories of so many Homecomers in the past.
Head for Jackson. There's plenty to see and do. Take the whole family, because there's certain to be something for everyone.