- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Time for Homecomers
Another Homecomers is underway in the heart of Jackson. The annual event has been a part of Cape Girardeau County's county seat since 1908, and there is every indication that this year's version is as much fun and as exciting as ever.
Homecomers features entertainment, talent, food and fun, including a Ferris wheel this year among the many carnival rides.
Tonight's talent show finals starting at 6:30 p.m. are always popular. Saturday's schedule includes a bicycle ride, Tour de Homecomers, at 7:30 a.m. Evening events will include the queen contest at 8 p.m.
For the most part, though, Homecomers is a time to visit with friends and family and enjoy the atmosphere of an old-fashioned country fair.
Congratulations again to everyone who has worked so hard to make this year's event as wonderful as the memories of so many Homecomers in the past.
Head for Jackson. There's plenty to see and do. Take the whole family, because there's certain to be something for everyone.