- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community briefs 7/10/08
Fundraiser for stray animals set for Saturday
A fundraiser to benefit stray animals will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Arena Park. New and used items for sale include furniture, clothing and household items.
Salvation Army to hold auction Saturday
The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St. in Cape Girardeau, will have an auction from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday that includes gift certificates from area businesses, clothing, household merchandise and jewelry. Refreshments will be available. The auction is open to the public. Call 335-7000 for more information.
Jewelry making program held at library
The Friends of the Riverside Regional Library at Jackson will sponsor a simple jewelry making program led by Carol Poole, local jewelry artist, for children and adults from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Friends of the Library will receive a discount on the cost of materials. Register by calling 243-8141 or sign up at the library Circulation Desk at 204 S. Union Ave. in Jackson. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
— From staff reports