- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bullet hole found in window at Common Pleas Courthouse
A bullet hole was found Tuesday in the Division I courtroom through the southeast window on the upper floor of the Common Pleas Courthouse.
Patrolman Brian Blanner of the Cape Girardeau Police Department responded to a call from the courthouse at 2:10 p.m. Tuesday when the hole was found. According to the report given to the police department, the hole was made sometime between 3:45 p.m. Monday and 2:10 p.m. Tuesday. The reporting party believed it happened at night.
Patti Wibbenmeyer, a civil and domestic in the Division I circuit clerk[']s office, said she doesn[']t think the courthouse has received any hate mail recently.
No one was hurt in the incident, Cpl. Jason Selzer at the police department said. He said they had found the slug but didn[']t have information about the type of gun it came from.