- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Section of Highway 72 closed today
A section of Highway 72 in Cape Girardeau County has been reduced to one lane until 5 p.m. today, weather permitting. The closed roadway is located between County Road 469 and County Road 346.
Missouri Department of Transportation officials reported that a crew from their office began trimming trees at 8 a.m. today next to the roadway in the eastbound and westbound lanes of the closed section. MoDOT officials urged motorists to use extreme caution while traveling in the area.
For additional information, contact MoDOT's customer service center at 888-275-6636.