- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MoDOT continues road work
Road crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation will reduce Route P in Bollinger and Wayne counties to one lane today and Thursday as they seal pavement. The road will be reduced from one lane between Highway 51 in Bollinger County and Route E in Wayne County. Road work will take place on the 16-mile stretch of Route P from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Signs will mark the work zone for motorists.
Work to replace a damaged bridge on Route W is expected to get underway today. Spring floods damaged a section of Route W between Oran and Perkins, forcing the closing of the bridge since March. MoDOT officials said the bridge replacement is expected to be finished by the end of August. The section of the road will remain closed until the project is complete. The $233,423 contract on the project was awarded to A.E. Simpson Construction of Scott City.
For more information, contact MoDOT's customer service center at 888-275-6636.