- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Homeless people need better care
To the editor:
You ought to be happy if you have clean water to drink, food to eat, clothes to wear and a house to live in.
There are thousands of people who live on the streets. It is a sad fate. A lot of these people are on the streets because if they do get Social Security benefits, it does not cover all their needs. A lot of these people were thrown out of their homes because they were condemned.
One of the richest countries in the world cannot and will not take care of its own. These people go day by day not knowing where their next meal is coming from or where they will sleep for the night.
Some of these people have family looking out for them. They don't know where they belong.
DOROTHY SCHROEDER BUCHHEIT, Jackson