- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)12
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Homeless people need better care
To the editor:
You ought to be happy if you have clean water to drink, food to eat, clothes to wear and a house to live in.
There are thousands of people who live on the streets. It is a sad fate. A lot of these people are on the streets because if they do get Social Security benefits, it does not cover all their needs. A lot of these people were thrown out of their homes because they were condemned.
One of the richest countries in the world cannot and will not take care of its own. These people go day by day not knowing where their next meal is coming from or where they will sleep for the night.
Some of these people have family looking out for them. They don't know where they belong.
DOROTHY SCHROEDER BUCHHEIT, Jackson