- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)20
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Homeless people need better care
To the editor:
You ought to be happy if you have clean water to drink, food to eat, clothes to wear and a house to live in.
There are thousands of people who live on the streets. It is a sad fate. A lot of these people are on the streets because if they do get Social Security benefits, it does not cover all their needs. A lot of these people were thrown out of their homes because they were condemned.
One of the richest countries in the world cannot and will not take care of its own. These people go day by day not knowing where their next meal is coming from or where they will sleep for the night.
Some of these people have family looking out for them. They don't know where they belong.
DOROTHY SCHROEDER BUCHHEIT, Jackson